Manager of Talent Development
The vision and prayer of Awana is that all children and youth throughout the world will come to know, love and serve the Lord Jesus Christ. The mission of Awana is to equip leaders to reach kids with the gospel of Jesus Christ and to engage them in lifelong discipleship. To accomplish this, our ministry focus is to be highly Scriptural and highly relational.
The Manager of Talent Development contributes to the mission of Awana by increasing the performance and engagement of the Awana staff by developing and implementing strategies related to leadership development, performance acceleration and measurement, employee engagement, succession management and team development.
- Design and facilitate leadership learning opportunities that enable leaders to grow and develop their leadership skills and effectively lead their teams to achieve the mission of Awana.
- Develop and train leaders in principles of strengths-based leadership. Coach managers in applying these principles on their teams.
- Design and train leaders in performance support and measurement techniques so that employee performance is accelerated.
- Serve as the organization’s employee engagement champion by providing training, coaching and communications so that through increased engagement employees deliver stronger performance, productivity, innovation and customer focus; and increased employee retention.
- Facilitate talent review meetings with leaders to identify high potential talent, create/implement focused development plans, and identify successors so that Awana has a pipeline of ready-now or ready-soon leaders.
- Work with senior leaders to identify capability gaps and specific action plans to close the gaps. Support leaders by monitoring status of action plans and providing resources as needed.
- Design, deliver and evaluate HR-related or specific management development courses so that leaders have the knowledge and skills to manage effectively and bring out the best in their team members.
- Provide new managers with personalized coaching and training opportunities to accelerate their leadership effectiveness.
- Coordinate and implement organization-wide compliance training.
- Lead the implementation, administration and ongoing improvements of talent development strategies and technology support systems to ensure good stewardship of time and resources.
- Work collaboratively and cooperatively with other HR team members to support and serve the Awana staff.
- Support, uphold and demonstrate the Awana cultural values in internal and external communications and relationships.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, human resources management, Organizational Development or related field of study.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Human Resources with emphasis on talent development and adult learning.
- SHRM-CP and/or CPLP designation desirable.
- Intermediate Microsoft Word skills; Intermediate Microsoft PowerPoint skills
- Intermediate proficiency in making and delivering presentations (via MS PowerPoint or other formats)
- Has a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Engages in God’s Word regularly as a guide and standard for living.
- Engaging, dynamic individual with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- High relational intelligence.
- Curious and inquisitive.
- Ability to build relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work collaboratively across various functions and work independently.
- Able to manage multiple projects to ensure delivery against time, quality, and cost.
- Life-long learner by nature. Motivated to continually learn and apply the latest learning research, theory and thinking to the talent development function.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Proven ability to develop and deliver effective training to adults.
Physical Demands/Working Conditions
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and sit. Specific vision abilities required by this job included close vision
Must be born-again Christian. Must have personal relationship with Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior and live life in alignment with the Word of God as set forth in our Doctrinal Statement. Must be in fellowship with the body of Christ through active commitment to local church.