The Leader-Based™ Strategy involves some simple, yet significant concepts:
- Ignite a vision and passion for children’s ministry among church leaders through a grassroots movement known as 4-14® Forums.
- Equip new club leaders to succeed in children’s ministry by providing five full days of practical, in-depth training. These leaders are empowered to return home, train additional leaders and continue reaching kids year after year without an annual investment of funds.
- Allow exponential growth by training many churches at one time (two representatives from at least 40 churches at one event).
- Provide high-quality and low-cost materials for churches and leaders to run an effective Awana ministry without depending on non-essential products.
- Establish support networks for discipleship, encouragement and ongoing partnership in ministry. This involves local church networks and volunteer ministry teams working together in a geographic area.
- Involve donors who can provide funding for the materials and training events.
Many of these concepts are not new. However, the Leader-Based Strategy meets these needs in dramatically different ways.